Avatar Transformation using Photoshop – Avatar Photoshop Tutorial
Avatar the best movie to watch in 3D. Most of the people are crazy to change their pictures to Avatar, in this tutorials I will teach you how make picture to an AVATAR in Photoshop (lolz, correct me if I’m wrong). Well just follow the step carefully and I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…)
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open the your considered picture by Tool Bar>>File>>Open (now select the picture you want to edit and open it).
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. Now cut the picture by Selecting ALL (Ctrl+A) and Cut (Ctrl+X)
5. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
6. When new layer is inserted just Paste the cut image by (Ctrl+v)
7. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
8. Select “Ellipse Tool” from Tools and make the circle. Remember to do the settings as I done in Example Picture. (You can see the settings on the top of Photoshop and beneath the Tool Bar).
9. After making circle, right click and select Make Selection.
10. Make the Feather radius to “5” and click OK.
11. Now Press Free Transform (Ctrl+T). and make the circle like as in example picture. (Remember to use the corners of transformer to curve). Make the eye larger and curve.
12. Now do the same stuffs with the another eye.
13. Now select the “Polygonal Lasso Tool” and make the shape as in example picture.
14. Right click and select Feather.
15. And make the Feather Radius to “5”.
16. Now right click again and select Make Selection.
17. When selected, Just Free Transform it by (Ctrl+T). And make it looks larger.
18. Now, Select the “Rectangular Marque Tool” from Tools.
19. And make a box below, right click and select Feather.
20. And make the Feather Radius to “5”.
21. Free Transform it and make it larger (Ctrl+T).
22. Now select the lady by the use of “Magic Wand Tool”. (If problem in selecting, while selecting hold Shift key and start click-selecting.
23. Now Chose the Dark Blue color from the Color Pallets.
24. Select the “Brush Tool” from Tools and make the settings as I done in example Picture. And color the ladY.
25. When the coloring is done, Go to Tool Bar>>Image>>Adjustments>>Color Balance (Ctrl+B). And do the settings as I done in Example picture and click OK.
26. When done, Go to Tool Bar>>Image>>Adjustments>>Levels. And do the settings as I done in Example Picture.
27. Now, Select the “Ellipse Tool” from Tools and make the circle as Accurate as in Example Picture. And right click on it and select Make selection. (Use spacebar key to move the circle while drawing).
28. Make the Feather Radius to “0”.
29. Now chose a dark Green color from color pallets and by the use of Brush Tool just color it UP.
30. Now Insert an another new layer. and make the Black circle within the eye, and within the selection.
31. Now select a light Green color and make your brush size small by right clicking and making changes. When settings done draw zig-zag lines within the eye as done in Example Picture.
32. Now Again chose the Dark green color and color near by the pulp. Select the “Smudge Tool” and re-sketch those lines which you added within the line. Make sure that your proper layer is selected when giving smudge Tool effects.
33. When your stuff is done merge all the eye layers. Where you have given an after effects.(HINT: See Example Picture).
34. Now Select all (Ctrl+A) copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V). Now you will have an another copy of the lens. Place it on the right place and Free Transform it (Ctrl+T).
35. When done use the “Brush Tool” from Tools and right click on the Image and make the size to “5px” and hardness to “50%-70%. And give some special effects on lens as Done in Example Picture.
36. When done, Do the Brush settings again. As done in Example Picture.
37. Now select the Dark Blue color from Pallets and draw some lines on the Image as done in Example Picture.
38. Now Go To Tool Bar>>Filter>>Blur>>Gaussian Blur.
39. And make the Radius to 2.7 and click OK. REMEMBER to make the Opacity “15%” from the layers column above the layers. to make these line light in shade.
40. Now select the “Brush Tool” from Tools and right click on Image and do the settings as I done in example picture. And Draw some stars type stuff on face.
41. Now merge each an every working layer EXCEPT the Background, layer 4, and layer 1 where there is a lady’s face in blue.
42. Now Select the “Blur Tool” from Tools and right click on image and do the setting as in Example Picture. Make sure you are on the right layer to make the picture blurry. Your must be on the layer 1 where there is the lady face.
43. Now Merge each and every working layer, Remember not to merge the background layer.
43. Now Select the “Magic Wand Tool” from Tools and click on the White area while holding down “Shift” key.
44. When selection is done, Click on the background layer and Insert a new layer. and Select the “Gradient Tool” from tools and draw a line from upwards to downwards. As done in Example Picture.
45. Now Go To Tool bar>>Layer>>Layer Style>>Gradient Overlay.
46. Do these settings in color pallets of Gradient Overlay.
47. And final do these settings and click OK.
48. Now make sure that the layer 1 is on the top of the list.
49. Now It should seems like this, after this merge both layers, remember not to merge the background layer.
50. When done just Select the “Blur Tool” From Tools and blur out the edges. So it should gives some real effects.
51. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks).