Cool Metallic Effect on Text
Photoshop – effects enable the possibility of vast variety of text-appearances. This tutorial is about creating the cool metallic effect on text. The steps are quite easy. Let’s begin!
1. Create a new-document of 1200x600px.
2. Press ‘Ctrl Shift N’ to create a new-layer and fill it with grey color (Edit → Fill). Select the color from the color-picker.
3. Apply ‘noise’ to this layer. (Filter → Noise → Add Noise) Set its value to 150 and select Gaussian and Mono-chromatic options.
4. Now, apply the motion-blur filter. (Filter → Blur → Motion Blur) set the angle to around -10% and distance around 200.
5. The pixel at edges are not blurred like the rest of the image, crop the edges with the crop tool as shown in the image
6. Grab the text tool to insert some text in the image.
7. Move the text layer below the layer1. Select the layer 1, press ‘Alt’ and click on the text-layer.
8. Now, give style to the text layer. Double-click on the text-layer. A layer-style dialog box will open. Select ‘bevel-&-emboss’ from the left panel, set the settings as below snapshot:
9. Select ‘Gradient-overlay’ from the left panel and set the settings as below:
10. The text will now look like this: