Create a New Year Card in Adobe Photoshop
In this series of Adobe Photoshop tutorial I will assist you in designing New Year Card , Greeting Cards , just go through below mentioned steps carefully and I am confident that you can make it easily.
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop )
2. Open new worksheet with pixel 800×600 pixels.
3. First of all Remember to leave the background layer empty (Important)
4. Insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom second last option.
5. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
6. After creating a new layer use the “Pen Tool” from Tools and make a Triangular as in Example Picture.
7. Now In the same Pen tool option select “+Add Anchor Tool” and make to points on the line, as in example picture.
Example: in Picture 1
8. Now grab the point which you putted before and start dragging so it may curve the line.
Example: in Picture 2
9. Now Right click when done and select Make Selection.
Example: in Picture 3
10. Choose Feather Radius to “3”
Example: in Picture 4
11. Now got to Layer>>Layer Style>>Gradient Overlay
Example: in Picture 5
12. Now Do all the setting as i done in example picture.
Example: in Picture 6
13. It will seems something like (Example Picture 7). Now right click on the colored area and select “Select Inverse”
Example: in Picture 7
14. NOW CAREFULLY watch the EXAMPLE picture 8 (To give the effects like me) drag the curse while holding down to the next point.
Example: in Picture 8
15. Now Enter up the text by using “Horizontal Type Tool” in tools to write the “Happy New Year” (Color=White) Or **what ever you like**. (Do stretch the Box for writing)
Example: in Picture 9
16. Now after writing, see at layers column there will be written “Normal” change it to “Soft Light”.
Example: in Picture 10
17. Now [Main PART] Take the Pen tool (Tally your pen settings with my ones as in picture) Click on the all four sides to make a Rectangular.
Example: in Picture 11
18. Now Use the “Add Anchor Tool” from Tools and put 4 points. and start curving them by dragging the points upwards and downwards. [Sorry for Anchor Spelling in Ex. picture :D]
Example: in Picture 12
19. As you done just add up a new layer and merge the new layer with the Text ones “ex. Happy new year” Now you can drag the text downwards (Incase is everything is OK).
Example: in Picture 13
20. Now add a new layer and Use the “Magic Wand Tool” From tools to select the curving BAR. and Go to same Gradient Overlay option. (Step 11). And match all settings with mine ones.
Example: in Picture 14 and 15
21. Now Add up the Text by using “Horizontal Type Tool” in tools. (Do stretch the Box for writing). If you want the line for DASH use “Underscore Symbol ( _ ) ” (Text type “Bickham Script Pro”
Example: in Picture 16 and 17
22. After you done just add a new layer and merge all the text layers.
Example: in Picture 17
23. After merging right click on the selected layer and at the Layers Column, Above the layers there would be written “Normal” just change it to “Soft light”
24. Final merge all layers except the background by holding (Ctrl, and click all working layers, When selected just right click and select merge layers. And save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks)