Create Cigarette Smoke in Photoshop
Today I will teach you how to create cigarettes smoke in Photoshop. Just follow the step carefully and I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…)
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open New work sheet with 800×600 pixels. Go to Tool Bar>>New.
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
5. When new layer is inserted just color it “Black” with “Paint Bucket Tool” from Tools.
6. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
7. OK now insert an another new layer and Select the “Brush Tool” from Tools. And right click and make sure your brush size should match as mine in example picture!.
8. Now chose the Color “white” from Pallets.
9. Now Brush zig zag, from downwards to upwards. Well it depends upon you how would you like to make it. (Making good gaps would be excellent for final effects). See example picture.
10. Now select the “Eraser Tool” from Tools and right click on the image and do the settings as I done in example Picture.
11. Now as your brush hardness is low now just start erasing it corners and sides. As done in example picture.
12. Now Go to Tool Bar>>Filter>>Distort>>Waves.
13. Now Make sure your settings should match as mine in example picture. ( Yes its true that your picture wont be seems same as mine because its a randomization….). Just click Random on the same dialogue box on below right hand side. and click OK
14. Well It would be a miracle if your picture seems same as mine. Don’t worry if it’s not same, just try the same option (Step 12-13) and click Random. (Remember if you see some good shapes just click OK, and Press [Ctrl + F] – ON Image – for 1,2 or 3 times. Depends upon your needs).
15. Now Go to Tool bar>>Edit>>Fade waves. ( IF the option doesn’t appears just try pressing [Ctrl+F] – On image – and try again).
16. Ok now make the Opacity to “50” as done in example picture and click OK.
17. Now Go to Tool bar>>Filter>>Blur>>Gaussian Blur.
18. And make the Radius to “1.0” and click OK. (HINT: See Example Picture).
19. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks).