Creating a Speed Lightning Photo Effect
This tutorial is about giving a speed lighting effect especially to cars using Photoshop. There is a special effect in Photoshop i.e. Motion-Blur. It gives the images the required effects. I will discuss the steps below in detail. Let’s start.
1. Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Select quick-selection tool from the toolbar.
3. Select the car in the image. The dashed-line will appear on the outline of the car.
4. Right-click on the selection and click on layer-via-copy.
5. Go to filter tab in the main menu. Roll the mouse over blur and click on motion-blur.
6. Set the value of the blur to 999.
7. Click ok.
8. Duplicate the layer three times. Press ‘ctrl j’ to duplicate each time.
9. Click on the top layer. Press shift and click on the last selection layer. Make sure not to click on background layer. Right-click on the layer thumbnail and click on merge layers.
10. Create a layer mask for this new layer by clicking on the layer mask icon at the bottom of the layers palette.
11. Select the gradient tool from the toolbar.
12. Select the layer mask thumbnail. Make sure to set the foreground and background color to white and black. Now draw a line from the front to the back on the car.
13. It will make the car half appear and the other half will be look like in motion.
14. The speed lighting photo-effect on the car is ready.