Creating Eid Card in Adobe Photoshop
Making Eid-Card is a long lost treasure of Eid. Nowadays, many artists/ designers try to make e-cards for wishing their relatives and friends. In Photoshop, one can be very creative and unique to produce an e-card. Let’s elaborate!
1. Create a new document. Set the size as shown in the snapshot.
2. Grab the rectangular-marquee tool and press ‘Ctrl A’. Set the foreground color to blue and use the paint-bucket tool to paint the canvas. Create a new-group and rename it to ‘background’. Move this layer inside the group. Use the guides to vertically divide the canvas into half. Set the horizontal guide to set the boundaries for the footer.
3. Now, apply the pattern to the background. Download a pattern (anything you like) from the internet. Create a new layer and copy the pattern on it. Lower its opacity to 25%.
4. Use the rectangular marquee tool to draw a rectangle on the header part of the canvas. Set the foreground color to light-green. Create a new layer and use the paint-bucket tool to paint the rectangle with the light-green color. Apply the ‘feather’ to make the edges soft. Lower the opacity to 25%.
5. Create a new folder and rename it to ‘eid mubarak’. Create a new layer inside this group and use text tool to write the text on it. Set the font and color of the text as per your desire. Give the text a layer style of ‘drop-shadow’.
6. Create a new layer. Make it ‘clipping’ for the text-layer. Download a background for the text from the internet. I have downloaded a white image with lines on it. Copy this image on this new layer. The text will change its pattern.
7. Select the line-tool and draw a line like a snapshot below. Apply the drop-shadow filter to it.
8. Repeat the same step to create various similar lines and apply the same style.
9. Create a new group and rename it to ‘moon’. Download the image of the moon from internet. Create a new layer and copy the image on it. Repeat step 6 to change its background. Repeat step 7 to insert the lines on both the ends of the shape.
10. Now add some stars on the canvas. Like the moon, download the star from the internet. Create a new group and rename it to stars. Create a new layer and copy the star on it. Repeat the step 7 to create a line for it so it will appear that the star will be hanging from the thread. Repeat the process to create several hanging-stars.
11. Create another group and rename it to minaar. Create a new layer in it. Download any minaar from the internet. Copy the minaar in this new layer. Apply the drop-shadow style to minaar.
12. The next step is to build the footer. Draw a rectangle below the guide using the rectangular-marquee tool. Create a new-layer and use the paint-bucket tool to paint the selection blue color. Insert the message here.
13. Make a border for it. Create a new layer. Draw a rectangle leaving 1 cm behind. Go to ‘select’ and click on ‘inverse’. Set the foreground color to white. Use the paint bucket tool to paint the border.
14. Viola. The eid card is ready.