Creating Realistic Beard in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial is about creating a realistic beard using Photoshop by following the below listed steps:
1. Open the image in Photoshop. (File –>Open)
2. Create a new layer by pressing ‘Ctrl+Shift+N’.
3. Select the brush tool from the toolbar.
4. Select the soft brush from the preset. Set the size from the option bar below the menu bar.
5. Paint on the area of face where you want to draw beard.
6. Apply the noise filter. Go to the filter tab from the main menu. Roll over the mouse over the noise filter. Click on add noise from the fly-out menu.
7. Set the value of the noise to 15. Check the Gaussian option and monochromatic options.
8. Apply the radial filter. Select the elliptical marquee tool from the toolbar.
9. Draw the elliptical shape around the beard.
10. Go to filter tab. Roll over the mouse over blur, and select the radial blur from the fly-out menu.
11. Click ok. The image will now look like this.
12. Change the blending mode from the top of the layers palette to hard light. Lower the opacity to 62%.
13. There is now a realistic beard on the man’s face.