Digitally Adding Shallow Depth of Field in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial is about adding the shallow depth of field to images using Adobe Photoshop. The steps are quite easy. Let’s start.
1. Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Select the quick tool from the toolbar.
3. Drag the tool over the model in order to make selection. The dashed line will cover the outline of the model.
4. Right click on the selection and click on layer-via-copy.
5. In the layers palette, another layer will be created having the selection on it.
6. Select the layer 0 thumbnail and apply the blur filter. Go to the filter tab in the main menu. Roll over the mouse on blur, and click on iris-blur.
7. Set the oval like in the below snapshot. There are four white dots. Move the dots to set the right angle for blur-ness. Set the oval around the model so as the content outside the oval get blurred. Set the strength of the blur from the side menu. Also, uncheck the blur effect checkbox.
8. Click ok.
9. The image will appear with shallow-depth.
10. The image is ready.