Film Effects Using Adobe Photoshop
So I’m here and I’ll teach you how give Film Effects to any image in Photoshop. Just follow each and every step carefully no need to hesitate or rushing over tutorial. Its made specially for you even if you are a beginner. I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…).
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open the your considered picture by Tool Bar>>File>>Open (now select the picture you want to edit and open it).
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. Now cut the picture by Selecting ALL (Ctrl+A) and Cut (Ctrl+X)
5. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
6. When new layer is inserted just Paste the cut image by (Ctrl+v)
7. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
8. Now Go to Tool Bar>> Image>>Adjustments>>Hue/Saturation OR (Ctrl + U)
9. Now do the settings as I done in Example Picture.
10. Now Go to Tool Bar>> Image>>Adjustments>>Exposure….
11. Now do the settings as done in Example Picture.
12. Now insert a new layer and copy the Image from “layer 1” to “layer 2”.
13. Now Go to Tool Bar>>Filter>>Blur>>Lens Blur.
14. Now do the settings as done in example Picture.
15. Now add the Vector Mask from the layer’s column. (See Example Picture).
16. Now use the “Eraser Tool” from Tools and erase the center of the image, Where there are posters on image. For brush size see example picture.
17. Now insert a new layer and color it “black” use “Paint Bucket Tool” to color.
18. Now make the Opacity to 70”. You cans see the opacity option at layer’s column.
19. Now again select the “Erase Tool” from Tools and re-size it. When done start erasing the middle of image. Remember that you should be left with the side effects only. and the rest of the images in vivid. (See Example Picture for hints).
20. Now Go to Tool Bar>>Layer>>Flatten Image.
21. Now Go to Tool Barr>>Filter>>Noise>>Add Noise.
22. Now do the settings as done in example picture.
23. Now select the “Rectangle Tool” from Tools.
24. First insert a new layer and create a bar on the top of image.
25. Now right click on it and select Make Selections.
26. Now make the Feather radius to “0”.
27. Now copy that bar and paste it. Now you have an another copy just drag it downwards.
28. Now Go to Tool Bar>>Image>>Adjustments>>Color Balance Or (Ctrl+B).
29. Do the following settings as done in Example Picture.
30. Now merge each and every layer.
31. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks).