Glowing Effect in Photoshop
In our this Adobe Photoshop tutorials, we will apply glowing effect on the digital image of girl. Kindly go through each step carefully and I hope you will make you will be able to apply glowing affect on any image.
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open the your considered picture by Tool Bar>>File>>Open (now select the picture you want to edit and open it).
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. Now cut the picture by Selecting ALL (Ctrl+A) and Cut (Ctrl+X)
5. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
6. When new layer is inserted just Paste the cut image by (Ctrl+v)
7. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
8. Insert an another new layer, and select the “Brush Tool” from Tools. And right click on Image. and do the settings as I done in exmaple picture.
9. Now select the color, you can even select any other color for your type.
10. Now by the use of Brush just brush out the sides, as done in example picture.
11. Now Go To Tool Bar>>Filter>>Blur>>Gaussian Blur.
12. Now make the Radius 10.0 as done in example picture.
13. Ok good, Now drag the Girl’s Layer above the brushed layer. You can do this from layers column. Just Hold-click and drag.
14. Now Use the “Magic Wand Tool” and click on the White Area “blank area”. When the selection is shown just press delete key. As done in Example Picture.
15. Now merge both layers from layers column, just hold Ctrl and click on both layers, And right click on it and select Merge layers.
16. When merging done, Select the “Blur Tool” from Tools. Make sure your settings do match with mine. As in example image.
17. Now carefully blur the girl and the side glowing. Don’t blur too much or its looks so annoying…!
18. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks).