Heath Ledger to Joker Transformation with Photoshop
In this tutorial, we will see how to convert someone into a joker. It means how to convert someone’s face into a Batman’s series famous joker face using different tools in Photoshop. I will be using Photoshop CC but this can be done in any other version of Photoshop!
Following are the steps that you need to follow to get the desired result in the form of Heath Ledger Transformation to Joker.
1. First, Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Duplicate a layer.
Right Click on the Background Layer and click on duplicate layer. A dialog box will open. Click OK to make a duplicate layer.
3. Turn Off the “Background Layer”.
4. Create a new layer.
Click on the 2nd last option in the layers palette to make a new layer.
5. Now select “Brush Tool”.
Change the foreground color to white and background color to black.
Select a soft brush from a drop down menu. Use this bracket ( [ ) to lower the size of the brush and this bracket ( ] ) to increase the size of the brush.
6. Now paint the guys face with a soft brush.
Leave the nostrils and eyes part of the face.
7. Change your “Blending mode” to Soft light in the layers box.
After changing blending mode, duplicate Layer 1. Change the “Opacity” to 75 to 80 %.
8. Naming the layers.
Name the “Layer 1” to “White Face 1” and “Layer 1 copy” to “White Face”.
9. Download a Jokervector png image from Google and open it in Photoshop.
10. Now choose “Lasso tool” and select the lips of the joker vector.
Press Ctrl + C to copy them and Ctrl + V to paste them on the model’s face.
11. Adjusting prepared lips on face.
For this, select Move Tool and then press Ctrl + T to resize the red lips.
Press Shift and minimize the size of the lips and Rotate them to fix in the direction of face.
Click on Tick to paste them in this position.
12. Press Ctrl + T and right click and Select Wrap tool.
Now wrap the red lips.
13. Now open the “Jokerverctor” file. Select and copy eyes.
Select the left eye by Lasso tool, copy it and paste it on the model’s face.
Move it over one eye. Press Ctrl + T to resize it and then right click and select Wrap tool to make it look good.
14. Double click on Layer 2.
Select Outer Glow and change color to black if you want.
Then select Inner Shadow and change the opacity to 20 to 30 %. Click OK when you are done.
15. Name the Layer 2 as “Right Eye” and lower the opacity to see his original eye.
16. Creating a Layer Mask on Right Eye.
17. Using soft brush for inner eye.
Change the foreground color to “Black” and background color to “White”. Then choose a soft brush and move your mouse over the eyeball area by clicking on left mouse button. Increase the opacity.
18. Now it’s time for the other eye. Just repeat the process discussed above.
After repeating, it will look like this.
19. Now select Blur Tool and move it over the edges of the eyes.
Make sure that Strength of Blur tool is 50 % and Mode is Normal.
The eyes will look like this:
20. Name the Layer 1 as “Mouth”.
21. Use the Blur tool on the Mouth layer same as above.
22. Make a line by Selecting Line Tool. Make a line on the lips.
Then double click on Shape 1 Layer and click on Color Overlay and set the color to Black.
23. Select Blur tool and move it over the line which is made on the lips.
It will look like this after blurring the line.
24. Changing the Hair Color.
Click on the Left eye Layer and Add a Hue/Saturation Layer.
Tick the Colorize Option. And adjust the Hue, Saturation and Lightness settings.
whole image will become green but we want only hair to be green. For this Double Click on the Hue/Saturation Layer mask and click on Invert. This will invert the white layer mask to black and so our image turns to be in the same color.
Now Make the Foreground color to White and background color to Black. Select a soft brush, increase its size and move it over the hairs by pressing the mouse’s left button. Hair will become green and image would be like this:
25. Coloring the grey coat.
With the top layer selected, add another Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer and adjust the setting for the image to look purple.
Press Ctrl + I to invert the layer mask. Select a soft brush and move it over the area of the coat.
26. Now go the layer “White Face 1”. Select Blur Tool and blur around the area of the nostrils.
Do the same thing with layer ”White Face 2”.
27. Save the image. It’s ready.