How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop
Hi FAN and fellows :D,
Today i will teach you how to change hair color in Photoshop. Just follow the step carefully and I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…)
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open the your considered picture by Tool Bar>>File>>Open (now select the picture you want to edit and open it).
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. Now cut the picture by Selecting ALL (Ctrl+A) and Cut (Ctrl+X)
5. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
6. When new layer is inserted just Paste the cut image by (Ctrl+v)
7. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
8. Now select the “Magic Wand Tool” from Tools and select the White area in picture and press “Delete” Or Right click and select delete selection. (As in Example picture)
9. Now when you done, Use the same tool and click between hairs. Where they is any gray effects and press delete.
10. Now after cleaning all the gray effects use the same “Magic wand Tool” OR “Quick Selection Tool” from Tools and select the below Body.
11. Now cut and paste it on to the another layer. and set it on the right position. After it do the same thing and select the face with “Quick Selection Tool” from Tools and select out the face. (HINT: Follow example image)
12. Remember to fix every cutted stuff on the another new layer at the right position.
13. Ok when you done it should looks like this (Example picture). Now go to and “Select the layer one where there is only hairs left”. Just Select All (Ctrl +A).
14. When every thing is selected as in the example image just Go to Image>>adjustments>>Color Balance. Or (Ctrl + B) and follow up the setting as done in example image.
15. When the color is done Zoom IN (Ctrl and +).
16. Now use the “Magnetic lasso Tool” from Tools and select the remaining hairs (uncolored). You can also use “quick selection Tool” OR “Magnetic Lasso Tool” from tools to select the considered hair part. When selected just Go to Tool bar>>Image>>Adjustments>>Color balance. Or (Ctrl + B). And follow the example image for settings and coloring.
17. Now it should looks like this (Example Picture).
18. Ok now merge out all working layers by right click>>Merge Layers. (see example picture).
19. When merging done, click on the background layer from layers column and insert a new layer. When new layer is inserted just select the colors “White – White” into pallets and use the “Paint Bucket Tool” from tools and color out “THAT LAYER” just click on image to color. (don’t color out the ladY… Remember that you should have selected the new layer which is beneath the lady layer).
20. When its done just merge all working layers.
21. Now select the “Blur Tool” from Tools and do the settings as mine in example image. and Blur out the edges where there is any Errors type sharp corners.
22. If I’m not wrong, Your picture should be looking like as mine in example image. If yes “You are THE MAN!!!!.” hmmm……. lolz you can be a lady :P. CAN BE not forcing :D.
23. Well done!, Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks)
Tags: adobe photoshop CS3 tutorials, adobe photoshop tutorials, change hair color in photoshop, change hair color using photoshop, changing hair color in photoshop, hair color changing, How-To, photoshop hair color change