How to Convert a Photo into a Line Art Drawing
Photoshop brings a variety of options in editing the sceneries, portrays, etc. One amazing option is to turn any picture into a line-art drawing. The process is quite easy. All you have to do is to apply several filters and make some adjustments and viola! The perfect line-art drawing will be ready. Let’s start!
1. Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Press ‘Ctrl J’ to duplicate the layer so as to retain the original image. Select the layer-1 and desaturate the image (Image → Adjustments → Desaturate).
3. Press ‘Ctrl J’ to duplicate the desaturated layer. Go to image → adjustments → invert. Change the blending mode to color-dodge.
4. Apply the ‘Gaussian-blur’. Go to filter → blur → Gaussian blur. Set the settings according to your image.
5. Use ‘dodge’ & ‘burn’ tool to clean the background.
6. The line-art image is ready.