How to Create a Solar Eclipse
With Photoshop, you can create a lot of scenery including the solar and lunar ellipses. The fun is to use the color adjustments, shapes, few other tools. Below is the procedure of creating a solar ellipse. It’s really easy to create as only the basic tools are required to create it.
1. Create a new document.
2. Set the foreground-color to #500000 and background color to black. Apply the clouds-filter to the background layer (Filter → Render → clouds).
3. Select the rectangular-marquee tool and draw a rectangle at the lower half of the canvas. From the option bar, click ‘Refine-edge’. Increase the value of the feather. Now, go to image → adjustment → hue/saturation and set the below settings:
4. Create a new layer. Press ‘Ctrl A’. Set the foreground color to black. Use the paint-bucket tool to paint the new-layer with black color. Apply the noise-filter (Filter → Noise → Add Noise)
5. Change the layer-style to ‘screen’. Adjust the levels (Image → adjustment → levels)
6. Download the ‘magma-texture’ from internet. Open the picture in the same document as the eclipse.
7. Use the elliptical-marquee tool to create a round selection as shown in the below snapshot. Invert the selection ‘Ctrl Shift I’ and press delete.
8. Press ‘Ctrl D’ to deselect the selection. Then, press ‘Ctrl J’ to duplicate the layer. Select the original layer and apply ‘Gaussian-blur’.
9. Give it the layer-style of color-overlay
10. Use smudge-tool to create the sun rays.
11. Apply the layer style i.e. inner-shadow, outer-glow, inner-glow, & color-overlay.
12. Create a new-layer. Press ‘Ctrl’ and click on the copy layer to make the pixel-selection of the layer. Grab the paint-bucket tool and paint the selection with black color.
13. Deselect by pressing ‘Ctrl D’. Apply the Gaussian-blur.
14. Create a new layer. fill it with black-color. Change the layer-mode to screen. Apply the lens-flare (Filter → render → lens flare)
15. The solar-eclipse is ready.