How to Create Brochure
Every company is selling its product/ service through brochures. Brochure is a modern way of promotions. There are several types of brochures that depend on the volume of information you want to share with your customers. In this tutorial I will describe different types of brochure and a possible means of creating one. The process of brochure-creation is similar for all the types of the brochures. The difference is that for one-page brochure, you just have to design a single side, however, for tri-fold, bi-fold or any other brochure, you have to design each side separately and mark them with distinguished numbers so that when you print them out, you got all of the designs on the right pages.
STEPS TO CREATE ONE-SIDE OF BROCHURE
1. Create a new document. Set the size of the document as per your required type of the brochure. For a single-page document, set the size as mentioned in the below snapshot.
2. Click ok. For every brochure there are different sections. Use guides for these sections. I have a separate section for footer. Use several guides to divide the footer of the canvas in various sections.
3. Create another layer. Select the gradient tool. Apply the gray & white angular-gradient.
4. Create a new group and rename it to ‘top’. Set the foreground color to white. Use ‘ellipse-tool’ to draw a circle. Press ‘Ctrl T’ to transform the circle. Make it big enough to cover the header completely like the snapshot below. Press ‘Ctrl J’ to duplicate this layer. Move this copy-layer below the original shape. Change its color to gray. Move this circle slightly below the original circle.
5. Use the text tool to insert the header text. Create another ellipse shape, and place it over the gray line. Style the shape with gradient-overlay. Set a thick-white-border of the shape from the option bar. Insert text inside the circle.
6. Create another group. Rename it to ‘offer’. Create three rectangles using a rectangle-tool between the top-two grid lines. Color them differently to distinguish them.
7. Insert text in each rectangle as per required.
8. Create another group and rename it to ‘bottom’. Set the foreground color to blue. Use rectangle marquee tool to select the area between the third-&-fourth grid lines. Leave the space between the next grid-line and again paint the next block.
9. Insert the text and the social media icons in the first block. Download the icons from the internet.