How to Make Billboard in Photoshop
Making billboards in Photoshop is real easy task. The main thing is to set the size and resolution according to the actual banner-size. However, small tricks can make the banner more prominent and clear. For instance, make raster elements, output in TIFF format, user illustrator to produce vector-elements (especially logos & illustrations) and output them in EPS/ PDF format, make final composition using InDesign, and output the final work in pdf. Make sure not to down-sampled any raster element for any particular output resolution. The billboard-design will be created.
In the below tutorial, I am only using Photoshop to create the whole design. Other software’s are used for better output. Let’s start!
1. Set the size of the canvas according to the size required for billboard. I am creating a billboard design of 1100*550 pixels with resolution set to 72.
2. Create a new-fill-gradient layer. Layer—>new-fill-layer—> gradient.
3. Set the gradient settings as below:
4. Click ok. The canvas will now look like this:
5. Download a coke image from internet in .png format.
6. Open the image in Photoshop. Press ‘Ctrl A’ to select all the pixels and press ‘Ctrl C’ to copy them. Go to the original billboard and press ‘Ctrl V’ to paste the bottle over the canvas. Right-click on the layer and select ‘rasterize-layer’. Now, press ‘Ctrl T’ to enable the transformation. Reset the size and move the bottle in the center of the canvas.
7. Lower the fill of the layer to 0.
8. Click on fx at the bottom of the layers-palette and select inner-shadow. Set the settings according to the below snapshot.
9. Now, select inner-glow from the left pane and set the settings accordingly.
10. Select the outer glow from the left-pane and set the settings as below:
11. The canvas is now like this:
12. Press ‘Ctrl’ and click on thumbnail of layer-1. Select the thumbnail of gradient-fill-1 layer and click on the layer-mask icon at the bottom of the layers-palette. Press ‘Ctrl I’.
13. Select the text tool and write the text on the left side of the bottle. Set the settings as below:
14. Set the text to appear like the below snapshot. All the text-size is 52pt whereas, the size of DON’T is 65 pt.
15. Add another text layer and write the below text and set the settings according to the properties-palette.
16. Viola! The billboard is ready.