How to Make Passport Size Photo
1. Create a new-document in Photoshop. Set its dimensions as required for passport photo. I will set its width to 35mm, height to 45mm, and resolution to 300. Change the name to passport-size.
2. Open the picture you want to resize as your passport-size photo.
3. Press ‘Ctrl J’ to duplicate this layer so as not to destroy the original pixels. Right-click on the thumbnail of this new layer in the layers palette and click on ‘convert-to-smart-object’. Right-click again and select ‘rasterize-image’. Now, right-click again and select ‘duplicate-layer’. In the dialog box, set the destination document to ‘passport-size’. Go to the ‘passport-size’ document. The image will appear in the set-dimensions.
4. Press ‘Ctrl T’ to transform the image. set its size and press enter.
5. In order to make a white background. Select the rectangle-marquee tool and make a box-selection. Go to ‘select’ tab in the main menu and select ‘inverse-selection’. Press ‘Ctrl Shift N’ to create a new layer. Grab the paint-bucket tool. Set the foreground color to white and click inside the selection.
6. Viola! The passport-size image is ready. Save it in the jpeg format.