How to Trim Eyebrows in Photoshop
This tutorial is about the trimming of eyebrows using Photoshop. I will use lasso-tool – for selection and feather – to smooth the selection. Afterwards I will place this selection according to the size of the brows a face demands. The image will be ready then. Let’s start!
1. Open the selected image in Photoshop. Go to File >> Open
2. The first tool to use is ‘Lasso Tool’. Select the tool from the left toolbar of Photoshop.
3. Zoom in the area of eyebrow by selecting the magnifier tool from the toolbar or by pressing ‘Ctrl Alt +’ from the keyboard.
4. Now, start using the lasso tool and make the selection that resembles the eyebrow right above the eyebrow.
5. Use feather to soften the edges of the selection. Select the ‘select’ tab from the main menu. Go to modify, choose ‘feather’ option from the fly-out menu.
6. Enter the value ‘5’ in the dialog box and press ‘OK’. It will smooth the edges of the selection a little bit.
7. Now, copy the selection to a separate layer. Press Ctrl +J. Turnoff the background layer to confirm the presence of the selection on a new layer by clicking on the eye at the left side of the layer’s thumbnail in the layers palette.
8. Click on the eye again to make the layer visible. Now, select the move tool from the side toolbar.
9. Select the new layer by clicking on the thumbnail of the layer in the layers palette. By using the move tool, move the selection and place it over the eyebrows. This way you will trim the extra volume of the brows.
10. Press ‘Ctrl +T’ to transform the selection. Enlarge and rotate the image as per the image requirement.
11. Select the healing brush tool from the side toolbar of Photoshop.
12. Now, use the healing brush to trim the lower edge of the eyebrow. For the selection, press ‘Alt’ from the keyboard and click on the sample skin so as to heal the part where the brows are grown. Keep healing, until you get the perfect eyebrows.
13. Repeat the steps from 5-12 for the other eye.
14. The perfect eyebrows are ready.