Make text 3D in Photoshop
This tutorial will teach you how make up your text 3D in Photoshop. Just follow the step carefully and I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…)
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now Go to: Tool Bar>>New (Open new worksheet with pixel 500×500 pixels).
3. First of all REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)
4. Insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom second last option.
5. Now you are ready to work ON.
6. OK, now select the “Horizontal Type Tool” from Tools and select the colors for pallets. Create a Box with the “T” Tool and type in your text.
7. Ok when you done with typing, unselect all, and HOLD ALT key while holding press “Down Arrow key” then “Right Arrow Key” then “Down and then Right”. (Make sure to perform illustrations, step by step). Down then right then down then right (Do repeat the process around 3-4 times, Don’t make it too much 3D or you are going to spoil your work).
8. When done with 3Ding :D. insert new layer and select every layer (Hold Ctrl and click layers) except the “Background layer and FIRST Text layer”. (HINT: See Example Picture).
9. Ok now right click on the new inserted layer and select “Merge layers”.
10. When merging done, Drag the First Text inserted layer on the “TOP of layers list”. See Example Picture for hints.
11. Click on the another layer which was moved down automatically. and right click on it and select blending options.
12. Now click-check on the “Color Overlay”. and in the color overlay chose a Hard/Dark color as compare to previous one and click OK…OK.
13. Now it should seems something like this…… Example Picture…. 😀
14. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks).