Making a Pill in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial is about making a pill in Adobe Photoshop. It is really an easy process. You have to draw a pill shape on the Photoshop document and give it the relevant effects. Follow the below listed steps:
1. Open a new document in Photoshop. (File –> New). Select the Photoshop preset for the size of the document and click ok.
2. Create a new-layer. Press ‘Ctrl Shift N’. Select the rounded-rectangle tool from the toolbar.
3. Draw a pill-shaped image with the corners rounded. Press ‘Ctrl T’ to transform the shape, if required.
4. Click on the ‘fx’ icon at the bottom of the layers-palette. Select inner-shadow from the pop-out menu
5. In the settings window, set the values of the attributes according to the snapshot.
6. Click on ‘bevel-&-emboss’ from the left menu of the window and change the properties according to the below snapshot.
7. Select the gradient overlay option. Change the properties according to the below snapshot.
8. Click ok. The pill will look like this now:
9. Select the rectangular-marquee tool from the toolbar.
10. Create a rectangle over half the pill.
11. From the adjustment palette, select hue & saturation.
12. Adjust the slider of hue to slightly change the color of half pill.
13. The pill will now look like this.
14. Select the thumbnail of background layer. Press ‘ctrl shift N’. Rename it to shadow.
15. Set the foreground color to grey. Select the rounded rectangle tool from the toolbar.
16. Draw the shadow of the pillow.
17. Go to filter tab. Roll the mouse over blur and click on Gaussian blur.
18. A window will open. Adjust the radius
19. The pill is ready with a shadow underneath it.