Making Fake Blood in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial is about adding the fake blood in images using Adobe Photoshop. The main tool used in this procedure is ‘brush’. The rest procedure is about giving the effects to it. Let’s start.
1. Open the image in Photoshop on which you want to make fake blood.
2. Select the lasso tool from the toolbar.
3. From the properties of the lasso tool (present below the main menu bar), set the value of feather to 1px.
4. Make a selection on the face where you want the fake blood to appear. Make the selection of slightly bigger-area.
5. Right-click on the selection and click on layer-via-copy.
6. Go to the image tab. roll the mouse over adjustments and select variations.
7. A window will open. Select the selection with more red & darker effect. Click on them several times. It will enhance the effect to some extent.
8. Lower the opacity to 42% from the layers palette.
9. Go to filter tab in the main menu. Roll the mouse over the blur option and select Gaussian blur from the fly-out menu.
10. Set the radius to 2 – 3px.
11. Select the eraser tool from the toolbar.
12. Use it to erase most blood. Set the opacity value to 20%.
13. Select the background layer thumbnail from the layers palette. Select the lasso tool from the toolbar and make selection inside the blood selection to make a dripping blood effect.
14. Right-click on the selection and click on layer-via-copy. Drag this new layer on top of all the layers.
15. Repeat steps 6 & 7 and choose the darker selection this time.
16. Repeat steps 8 & 9 to apply the Gaussian blur filter on the new selection.
17. Select sponge tool from the toolbar.
18. Saturate/de-saturate random blood parts.
19. The image will now look like this:
20. The dipping fake blood is all set on the face.