Mold Paint Splatter to a Face in Photoshop
Welcome to another attractive tutorials of Photoshop. In this tutorial, you would be learning different Photoshop tools by exercising these step to mold paint splatter to a face. It’s not to use the same image, you can experiment on any person portrait however, if you are new to Photoshop then it would be better to use the same picture as show in STEP 1.
Here is the final result achieved after performing twelve steps explained below in detail.
These are the steps that need to be followed to get the desired output. The key to success is to keep trying until & unless you won’t get the quality results.
1. Insert an image of a girl by going through the File > Open > Select the Image > OK .
2. Copy the layer and turn off the original layer, Go to Image > Adjustment > Black and white > OK
3. Again copy the original layer and drag on top the layers, choose the Polygonal Lasso tool and select the face,
Go to Select > Inverse > Press Delete Button
4. Make a Clipping mask layer and apply a levels and color balance adjustment layer,
Levels Adjustment Layer Settings:
Color Balance Adjustment Layer Settings:
5. Now with your Layer mask in place, using the brushes (ensuring that you use a black paintbrush) paint over various parts of your model’s face. With this step its important just to experiment with what you feel looks good.
6. Choose the Polygonal lasso tool and select the lips area then apply color Balance adjustment layer
7. Now download the Paint tossing image set from the link, http://mediamilitia.com/paint-tossing/
I have used the first four images from the set and open it up in Photoshop. Select the Magic Wand Tool and clear the Background of the set.
8. Go to Image > Adjustment > Levels, change the radius into 41 / 0.66 / 255, Change all the paint set image’s level likes above one by one
9.Double click on the paint set layer, go to the gradient layer, and select the color from the skin, turn the blending mode into hue, style into angle.
10. Then place the set on the face as you want, making sure that the bottom of the splatter overlaps on the face,
11. Now go to Edit> Transform> Warp and warp your splatter into a more fitting shape for your composition.
12.Now apply a Layer mask to this layer, and use a Medium sized, Soft black paint brush at around 20% Opacity to smoothly blend your splatter into the woman’s face