Painting on New Layer in Adobe Photoshop
This tutorial is about painting on new layers in Photoshop. When you are editing in images and you need a certain color at certain part of the image, create a new layer and paint with the brush tool on it. This will help retaining the original image with the blend of paint of your desire on it. Let’s start painting!
1. Open the image in Photoshop. [File –>open]
2. Create a new layer. Press ‘Ctrl Shift N’ or there is a new-layer-icon at the base of the layers palette.
3. Click on it. A new layer will be created.
4. Select the brush tool from the toolbar.
5. Set the foreground color to red. If the color isn’t red, click on the foreground color palette.
6. A color-picker will open. Choose the required color from it and click ok.
7. Change the soft-mechanical brush from the brush presets. Change the size of the brush from the option-bar under the main menu. For re-sizing the brush press ‘[’ to increase the size and press ‘]’ to decrease the size.
8. Now paint on the required area.
9. Set the foreground color to green.
10. Set the size of the brush. Paint on the leaves.