Removing Braces Using Photoshop
This tutorials will talk about how to remove braces from teeth in Photoshop. Just follow the step carefully and I know you can make it easily. (Almost every step contains picture and they can guide you to perform well…)
1. Open Photoshop (In XP: Start>>Programs >> Adobe Photoshop CSx) (Win 7: Start>>All Programs and Adobe Photoshop CSx)
2. Now open the your considered picture by Tool Bar>>File>>Open (now select the picture you want to edit and open it).
3. “REMEBER to leave the background layer empty (Important)”
4. Now cut the picture by Selecting ALL (Ctrl+A) and Cut (Ctrl+X)
5. After it insert new layer by ( Layer>> New>> layer) Or you can follow up the shortcut (shift+ctrl+N) Or just see below the “background layer” at bottom (Second last option).
6. When new layer is inserted just Paste the cut image by (Ctrl+v)
7. Now you are ready to work on the picture.
8. Use the “Magnetic Lasso Tool” from Tools and select the Jaw with teeth, see example picture for hints. (Click to make points for a proper shape).
9. Now when done it should seems like this (as Example Picture).
10. Just cut (Ctrl + X) and paste (Ctrl + V) on a new layer. (Remember to place it correct) (don’t get hesitate if you sees any of the gaps in picture).
11. After pasting on a new layer it should seems like this.
12. Now Main work starts from here!. Now select the “Brush Tool” from Tools and select the white color (if having problem to chose right color just click on the tooth which you want to color it use to absorb color from it 😀 ).
13. When color is selected right click on picture and make sure your setting are as same as mine. (HINT: See example Picture).
14. Ok now start coloring each tooth at one time (HINT: Remember to chose every different color for every tooth, you can make a match absorption :P. As done in step 12).
15. You can resize your brush as to your needs. Just right click and decrease the size, make sure its hardness should remains 50%.
16. Try to cover gaps and line with small brush size (1px). and use the black color in brush to make that side ways braces vanish.
17. OK now when you done, just merge up the layers. Press Ctrl and click on both layers and right click and select Merge layers. (Don’t merge the background layer just merge the working layers).
18. When layers are merged Select the “blur Tool” from Tools.
19. Right click on the picture and do the settings as I have done. (See Example picture).
20. Now Professional blurring, Blur the lips and teeth, blur forehead, blur ears side (don’t cover the whole cheeks), blur below part of the picture (chest or etc). Things not to blur is the middle part which contains (nose, chin, eyes, inner cheeks).
21. Finally save it to disk (File>>Save As) and name it, Or save it on the JPEG or BMP format. (For final looks)