Superman 3D Extruded Text Adobe Photoshop
In this tutorial, the procedure of writing superman 3d extruded-text is discussed in detail. Let’s start the process.
1. Create a new document in Photoshop. Use any of the presets in case of learning purposes. If you have set your own canvas on which you want to write 3d text, then open the particular canvas. I have set the presets to ‘default-Photoshop size’. Click ok.
2. The first step is to write some text on the layer. Select the text tool from the toolbar and write any text on the canvas.
3. There is an option bar under the main menu. Select the last thumbnail to set the characteristics of the text.
4. A window of characteristics will open. Set the font to ‘impact’. Change the color to red. And set the value of -5 for VA (spacing between characters).
5. Select only the first character of the text and enlarge it by increasing its size to 90 from the option bar.
6. Set the style of the text to arc and make its value to +5 so as to slightly bend the text.
7. Now make this text 3d. Click on 3d button on the option bar under the main menu bar.
8. From the 3D tools, select the first icon.
9. Drag the text from all-three axis until you get your text like you want.
10. The next step is to change the color of the font. Open the 3D palette, which appears besides the layers palette. Click on the materials button.
11. From the properties panel. Change the color of diffuse and specular to yellow.
12. A color-picker window will open. Choose the desired color from it.
13. The front side of the text will change the color.
14. The next step is to set-up the lighting effect. In the 3D palette, click on the lightning icon.
15. A lightning widget will appear onto the text. Drag the circle-eye in different directions so as to set the direction of the light. The direction is set so that the top of the text get some nice-shadow effect.
16. Go to the layers palette. Select the thumbnail of this text-layer. Go to the layer style window by clicking on fx present at the bottom of the layers-palette. Click on stroke.
17. Change the color to black and set the value of size to 4 px.
18. An outline will appear around the text.
19. Press ‘Ctrl Alt Shift R’ to check the shadow of the text. Right now, there is some shadow under it.
20. In the properties panel, uncheck the shadow checkbox.
21. The shadow of the text will disappear.
22. Now, the next step is to cover the text with the black line. Currently, it is covering only the outline of the image. In the layers panel, duplicate the 3d-text layer. Press ‘Ctrl J’.
23. Go to the 3D panel, click on 2nd-icon for mesh.
24. From the properties panel, click on third button. Set the value of extrusion-depth to 1.
25. The text will now appear like this:
26. Repeat steps 19 & 20 to render all the layers by selecting one layer at a time. The superman 3d extruded text is ready.