Turn Black Person into White in Photoshop
This tutorial describes the process of lightning the skin tone of any person. The steps are really simple. The basic tool used in this tutorial is the ‘brush tool’. Let’s start!
1. Open the image in Photoshop.
2. Create a new layer by clicking on the new-layer icon at the bottom of layers-palette.
3. Change the blending mode of this layer to ‘Soft-color’.
4. Now, select the brush tool from the toolbar. Set the foreground color that is lighter than the current skin-tone. I choose the much lighter color to lighten the skin tone.
5. Now use the brush on the skin part of the image.
6. Once done, clean the neckline of the shirt by using the ‘eraser’ tool from the toolbar.
7. While brushing on the forehead, some of the hair also got discolored. Zoom in the area. Use eraser tool to erase the color from the hair with its opacity set to 69%.
8. Also, clear the eyes with the eraser tool.
9. The skin color is much lighter than before. But for lighter effect, I will play with the ‘curves’ in the adjustment panel.
10. Click on the curve in the dialog box and drag it to lighten or darken the canvas.
The image is whitened.