Turn White Person Into Black in Photoshop
This tutorial is about the process of changing the skin tone. Most of the times, the high or less exposure of light fails to capture the original skin tone of a person. In Photoshop, there are few steps to restrain the original skin tone. In addition, if you want to change the color tone of your skin, Photoshop is the best tool. Below are the steps.
1. Open image in a Photoshop.
2. Select the brush tool from the side toolbar of Photoshop. Set the foreground color by clicking on the foreground color box at the end of the toolbar. A dialog box will open. Choose the exact color which you want to be of your skin. As, this tutorial is about turning the white person into black so, I will choose the darker orange shade.
3. Create a new layer by clicking on a new-layer icon at the bottom of the layers palette and change its blending mode to ‘soft light’.
4. Now, use the brush only on the skin part of the image.
5. There are some extra brush strokes in hair and shirt collar. In order to remove them, select the eraser tool from the toolbar, zoom in the picture, and use it to erase these extra brush strikes on collar.
6. In order to remove the brush strikes from hair, lower the opacity of the eraser to 69% and use it on hair. Once done, it will look like this:
7. While using the brush, I filled the eyes too. Now is the time to restore the eyes color. Zoom in the eyes area of the face and use eraser to clean it.
8. The color tone of the image is totally changed now. For further adjustments, I will use the adjustment curve to darken the image to some extent. Click on the ‘curve’ in the adjustment panel. A dialog box will open.
9. Change the curve position by clicking right onto the curve and drag it until you get the required result.